The Directorate of Distance Education has adopted Lateral Entry Policy for UG and PG degree courses run by DDE as given below ––
If a Learner has completed one year Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application or in Business Management and wishes to apply for 2nd year in MCA/M.Sc.(CA) or MBA course respectively through the lateral entry, he/she can apply for the same on the prescribed form along with the prescribed fee to the Directorate of Distance Education.
- The Learner will have to deposit all his relevant documents attested by a Gazetted Officer (with a clear seal of the name and designation) along with the application
- The Lateral Entry fee will be Rs. 1500/-+additional charges of qualifying exam.
- The additional charges will be as follows –
Note-The above-mentioned fee can change as per the rules of DDE.
- The eligibility criteria for above-mentioned courses will be done and according to the subject/paper matched as per the norms of the University, the Learner will be given admission & promoted to the appropriate year.
- If any paper or course are mismatched and candidate has not studied in PGDCA or PDGBM, he/she will have to appear in that particular course during his 2nd year MCA/M.Sc.(CA) or MBA exam for qualifying the course.
- The student/learner will have to give an affidavit as per the prescribed format that all informations given by him/her are correct and all documents deposited by him/her are genuine. In case any information given by him/her is found fake or any document submitted is found fake, he/she will be liable for the appropriate administrative/legal action against him/her.
- The Directorate reserves the right to get the certificate/marksheets/documents verified by the issuing authority
- If the student/learner is admitted in the 2nd year under the Lateral entry scheme, he/she will not be considered for another lateral entry under any circumstances.
- The Policy of Lateral Entry will be applicable for MCA/M.Sc.(CA) & MBA courses only.
- The student/Learner may be allowed to take admission under Lateral Entry Policy depending upon the eligibility from Regular to Distance mode, Private to Distance mode and Distance to Distance mode. However as per rules, the student will not be eligible to take admission under Lateral Entry from Distance to Regular mode. The approval of the previous university under which the student has been continuing course under Regular/Distance/Private mode will be checked before giving the admission.